Wine Glass Paintings
Glass Paintings » Wine Glass Paintings
Glass painting is an art, which with little practice can help you turn old grass frames, glass windows, and even wine and martini glasses in your home into beautiful pieces of art. With many online tutorials, information, and designs for the same available on the internet, anyone can easily learn this art. A little passion, creativity, and dedication to learn something will help one make beautiful glass paintings. To help you with it, we would discuss wine glass paintings, and learn how to make paintings of wine glass, martini glass, etc. A step-by-step procedure given below, along with a few sample designs will help you make beautiful paintings on wine glasses on any other glasses.
Before beginning the painting, make sure that you have all the essential things handy, so that you do not have to hunt for things at the eleventh hour.
- Wine glasses/martini glasses/water glasses
- Dry clean cloth
- Gloves � latex
- Painters Tape
- Non- Toxic glass paints
- Paint brush � fine, with soft bristles
- Wet paper towel
DIY � Paintings on wine glasses:
- Buy plain glasses � wine, martini, water glass, etc. These glasses should be plain, without any embossing or design on it. Alternatively, you can pick the glass set in your home, and give it a new look.
- Even if you buy new glasses, make sure you clean it well before using. Use water and washing soap to clean the glass. If there are any stains on the glass, clean the same using acetone. After cleaning the glass, wipe it dry with a piece of cloth, and then with some clean tissues. Wear your gloves, and hold the glass gently, such that you do not leave your finger prints on it.
- You might not be very good at directly making designs on the glass. Even if you are, try not to directly start painting on the glass to avoid mistakes. Choose a design/stencil for your glass depending on the size of the glass.
- Using the painter�s tape, stick the stencil on the inner side of the glass. The painter�s tape does not leave any gum or stains on the glass. The stencil will give you a base to make your design, and you will not have to think too much. However, if you trust your artistic skills, you can work without the stencil. Stick the stencil firm on the glass, such that it does not move. If it moves once you have started making the design on the glass. It will create confusion.
- Using the paintbrush you can make an outline of the design. However, using a temporary marker or outliner is a better option, if you are not good with the brush.
- Pick up the enamel paint. Once you have decided on the colors, choose the right colors, and start filling the design with the colors. Move the brush in one direction, so that it looks tidy. Irregular movement of brush will leave strokes on the design.
- The outline will always be dark, thus choose the right colors for the design. Compliment the dark outline with light shades. Apply two coats of paint on the design. To make further designs on this painted surface, make sure that you let the surface dry completely.
- Remove the stencil, only when the colors dry completely. Any mistake will spoil your design, thus let it dry completely.
- Give the required finishing touches. Mark the outline with dark paint, using the finest brush. This outline should be marked only after the inner colors dry, to avoid any mixing of colors.
- Let the glass dry completely. Use a damp paper towel to clean any drips or anything that is not correctly done in your design. However, be careful while doing this, so that you do not damage you design.
- Follow the instructions given on the paint to ensure the durability of the paint. In some cases, you would have to place it in the oven (make sure your glasses are oven proof), in some cases it would need specific time to dry, etc. Follow the same before using the glasses. If not then, when you wash the glasses, the design would be cleaned off with water.
- Once the paint is set, your glasses are ready to use.
Additional instructions for making painting on wine glasses:
- Beginners can pick up an old glass from home, and practice on it. It would be fine even if the glass is not oven proof, because you only need to make a design, and need not place it in the oven to let the color set completely.
- Begin with very simple designs. You can make the glass look beautiful even with simple sequence of dots, like the one given in the image below. You can also paint on plastic glasses.
- Once you are confident. Choose a stencil for your glass, buy the right enamel colors, and make beautiful designs on your glass.
Go ahead make you own hand painted wine glass. A beautiful gift idea and a beautiful way of showing your creativity by giving a new look to the ordinary looking wine glasses.